Japanese Omelette is fluffy and bouncy rolled egg which ranked in the list of the top 30 Japanese food tourists come to Japan for. It is known as Tamagoyaki, which means fried egg in Japanese. The omelette is one of the staple Obento dish, and is often used in sushi as either nigari or filling for sushi hand rolls. But, have you heard of Hokkaido Milk Omelette? Or perhaps, you came across the recipe before but did not bother about it?
Hokkaido Milk Omelette is a rather recent creation, but its deliciousness is not to doubt! Milky goodness in a fluffy rolled egg? Simple and delicious! We have prepared a recipe for you to make a Hokkaido Milk Omelette. Try making it at home by following the simple steps below.
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sake
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 40ml bonito dashi broth
- 50ml Hokkaido milk
- oil, to taste
- 1 shiso leaf
- Japanese radish, grated, to serve
- soy sauce, to serve
- Prepare a mixing bowl. Add in the eggs, sugar, salt, sake, mirin, and broth, Hokkaido milk into the bowl and mix well.
- Next, heat a tamagoyaki pan at over medium heat. Brush a thin layer of oil on the pan.
- Pour ⅙ of egg mixture into the pan and quickly swirl to cover the entire pan. Then, when the egg is set, gently roll the egg.
- With the rolled egg still in the pan, pour in ⅙ of the egg mixture. Lift up the rolled egg and let the mixture to flow under it. Once the egg is set, roll the omelette toward you.
- Repeat, adding ⅙ of the mixture at a time, continuing to roll the egg into a large roll.
- Cut the tamagoyaki in half and pierce with a skewer.
- Serve with a shiso leaf, grated radish, and soy sauce. Enjoy!
And there you have it – the recipe for a Hokkaido Milk Omelette. Now you can savour this simple and delicious dish at home with your loved ones! You can also check out our other recipes for omelettes such as Omelette Rice and Traditional Thai Omelette.
If you find it a hassle to prepare on your own, you can always order well prepped Japanese dish via foodpanda and have it delivered to you in no time.