Recipe: Honey Butter Korean Fried Chicken
Fried chicken is everyone’s comfort food. That crunchiness when you bite into the crispy skin and the tender meat is unbeatable.
However, the Korean version of the dish is different from the traditional crispy and crunchy fried chicken.
Here is how to make your own Honey Butter Korean Fried Chicken at home. Let’s start cooking!
(For this dish, you will need)
- Chicken pieces (you may choose whichever parts that you prefer, generally, we will use thighs and wings)
- 1 tsp of salt
- Black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup of tapioca flour
- 1/8 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
(For the honey butter sauce, you will need)
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Minced garlic
- 1/8 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tsp of honey
The honey amount is just the right amount for the portion of chicken. Avoid using too much honey as the chicken might be too sticky.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix the chicken with salt and pepper. Mix it thoroughly and make sure that all the chicken parts are well-seasoned.
- Once done, add in egg, tapioca flour, all-purpose flour and the baking powder. Mix all of them thoroughly.
- Ensure that all chicken parts are well-coated.
- On a large frying pan, heat up some oil over high heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough, fry the chicken parts until all are brown and crispy. Remove chicken once cooked and let them rest on a cooling rack.
- Heat up the oil again and fry the chicken parts one more time. This time it should be golden brown and really crispy.
- Then, cool them on a cooling rack again.
- In another skillet or wok, heat up the butter until it is melted.
- Add in minced garlic and fry it until golden brown.
- Mix in the light soy sauce and sugar. Once the sugar is melted, add in honey and keep stirring the mixture.
- Let the mixture simmer for about 2 to 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Pour the sauce over the fried chicken.
- Toss the fried chicken and the sauce evenly to make sure all are coated.
- Serve while hot.
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.