Jujube is a spin-off to the famous sweets, Turkish Delight, that are shared and exchanged between friends and families during the holidays. A word to describe these delicious treats would be nostalgia as it is, at some point, a child’s favourite. So, here comes the Recipe: Jujube to fill your heart!
These gelatine-based treats provide a chewy and sweet texture with each bite. The recipe is so simple and should take you no more than 15 minutes to cook, with the ingredients you can find at the back of your kitchen cupboard.
All you need to do is follow these easy steps, and choose flavours and colour according to your preferences and creativity! Here’s what you need:
- 5 tbsp gelatine
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of cold water
- 3 assorted food colouring
- Powdered sugar / Granulated sugar
- Add the gelatine and pour a cup of cold water in a small bowl. Then, mix well and leave it aside to soften.
- If you’re using a Tupperware mould to shape your sweets, lightly coat it with some oil to make it easier to remove the jujubes later.
- In a medium-sized pot or sauce-pan, add in sugar and water. Later, consistently stir until the syrup thickens and forms a hard ball consistency. To test, drop some syrup into cold water, and it should form into a “hardball”.
- Next, add in the gelatine and juices, stir and bring it to a boil. Once the syrup achieves a thick consistency, immediately remove it from the heat.
- Divide the syrup into 3 equal portions. Then, add in your food colourings.
- Then, pour the mixtures into the mould. Let it sit at room temperature overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Next, remove each candy and roll them in powdered or granulated sugar.
- Lastly, arrange them nicely on a plate and serve. Enjoy!
This simple Recipe Jujube can be followed by anyone!
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.