One of the most versatile ingredients Korean cuisine has to offer is kimchi. You can eat it on its own, add it to your rice and even fry it in your pancakes! Have a go at this probiotic fuelled snack, The Recipe: Kimchi Pancake.
- 2 & 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 & 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups Kimchi
- 1 Tbsp Kimchi liquid
- 5 ice cubes
- 2 green chilli
- 1 red chilli
- Vegetable cooking oil
- To make the pancake batter, first, sieve in flour and salt into a large bowl. Next, whisk in water, beaten egg, kimchi, and kimchi liquid. Add in the chillies if you’d like a little kick. The key to making great pancakes is to keep the batter cold. Add the ice cubes in.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and pour in a generous amount of cooking oil. Coat the entire surface of the pan.
- Using a ladle, scoop out the pancake mixture and pour evenly into circles as large as you’d like.
- Once the pancake starts bubbling on the top, carefully flip it over.
- For added crispiness, on high heat, press down the pancake with the spatula for 10 seconds.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
There you have it! The creative Recipe: Kimchi Pancake. These pancakes aren’t exclusive to breakfast time only. So, if you’re in a mood for kimchi, give this recipe a try. Or, you could always head onto the foodpanda app and get your kimchi pancakes delivered to your doorstep.