The name, Kuey Teaw Rad Na sounds familiar, doesn’t it? That’s because this is the Thai style of our beloved char kuey teow. We love it so much that the Penang Char Kuey Teow is famous even among the locals and tourists in Southeast Asia.
This Thai Fried Kuey Teow is relatively easy to make. You can try this recipe out if you cannot find this dish at the nearest Thai restaurants.
Here is how you can make it on your own!
- One jar of water (about 0.8 – 1L)
- Pinch of salt
- Broccolini, cut into small lengths
- 4 tablespoons of cooking oil, divided
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely or minced
- Half pound of beef, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded finely
- 1 packet of kuey teow (flat rice noodles)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- Half tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- Preserved radish
- Pour water in a pot and boil it.
- While the water is simmering, add a pinch of salt to it.
- Blanch the broccolini for about 2 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the broccolini and set aside.
- In a wok, heat up 3 tablespoons of the cooking oil and add in garlic.
- Stir fry the garlic until fragrant.
- Pour in the beef slices and stir fry them until the beef slices are tender.
- Next, add in carrots and the broccolini. Stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add in the flat rice noodles to the wok and mix all of them evenly.
- Now, add in the sugar, salt, fish sauce, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce.
- Coat the sauce evenly on all the ingredients.
- Once done, set the dish aside and add the remaining cooking oil in the wok.
- Crack the eggs and toss them until cooked.
- Add in the preserved radish to the eggs. Mix all of the ingredients and stir fry for another minute.
- Serve while hot.
This dish is perfect for any meal in the day. You can even make large portions of the dish to share among your loved ones. This recipe is ideal for five to six servings.
If you’re busy cooking and want some dessert, order delivery from foodpanda now!