Experience a unique and fun meal with kuro squid ink. This dish is originally from Japan and that is where the dish gets its name. This word “kuro” means black which is indicative of the dish’s colour. Kuro squid ink has a tangy taste that makes certain flavours in the dish pop.
Several dishes use kuro squid ink to make the meals fulfilling. Among the famous kuro squid ink dishes are hamburger, pasta and cocktail. Here is a simple recipe of making a seafood kuro ink pasta;
- 6 scallops
- 4 squids ( bodies and tentacles)
- 12 shrimps (peeled)
- 12 littleneck clams
- 2 packages of squid ink pasta
- 1 lemon
- Cherry tomatoes
- ½ small bottle of capers
- Olive oil
- Mix all the seafood with olive oil and seasoning.
- Preheat the pan with olive oil in a heavy saute pan.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add capers and saute for another 30 seconds. Remove the mixture from heat.
- Boil the pasta and drain it.
- Grill the seafood for about 5 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Add the halved tomatoes, sliced garlic and chopped parsley and mix them.
- Garnish them with the lemon zest.
- Place the seafood on top of the boiled squid ink pasta.
- Add a quick squeeze of the lemon for a finishing touch.
Now, you can enjoy your homemade squid ink seafood pasta. Enjoy the exotic taste of squid ink and seafood on a single plate. Visit foodpanda to learn more about various recipes!