As the days get hotter, we find new ways to cool down. Nothing beats a cool, refreshing drink that energises you from the inside out. Instead of your usual iced tea, why not have a go at a tall glass of lemongrass? Yes, the soothing Recipe: Lemongrass Drink is here!
Lemongrass or serai is a fragrant plant popular in Malaysia which means you’ll easily get your hands on these ingredients. So, waste no more time.
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups roughly chopped lemongrass stalks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Lime wheels
- First, pour the water into a pot under high heat and add lemongrass stalks and bring to a boil for five minutes.
- Then, reduce to low heat and let simmer for five minutes or until fragrant.
- Next, turn off heat source and strain the stalks from the liquid.
- Once it is done, stir in sugar while the drink is still warm.
- Lastly, chill for two hours.
- Serve in a glass with ice and garnish with lime wheels.
And, there you have it! The cooling Recipe: Lemongrass Drink that is super easy to follow. Lemongrass is said to have healing properties in reducing anxiety, cholesterol and to prevent infections. Another great plus point to drinking lemongrass is a distinct fragrance that will have you come back for seconds. You can even serve this drink to your visitors and they’ll ask you for the recipe in no time!
On the other hand, if you’d like a glass quick and easy head over to the foodpanda app and get yourself an energising lemongrass drink.