A dish of lotus root stir-fry with other vegetables provides various textures and unique flavours. Lotus root stir-fry is also very simple to prepare. The lotus roots are often used in Chinese cuisines and are widely available in most Asian markets. It can have different textures, depending on the recipe. The texture is crunchy when stir-fried and soft when boiled.
Lotus stir-fry serves as a great side dish to steamed hot rice. You can pair your lotus roots with some mushrooms and bell peppers for a more colourful and crunchy dish.
Try this recipe and make a tasty and healthy lotus root stir-fry dish!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 400g lotus root
- 8 dried mushrooms (soaked and cut in half)
- 2 red bell peppers (cut into small sizes)
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1-inch ginger (thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 scallions (cut the white part only into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 2 tsp cornstarch (mix with 1 tbsp water)
- Prepare the lotus roots by trimming the ends, peeling the skins, and thinly slicing them.
- Boil a pot of water and blanch the lotus root, mushrooms, and bell pepper for 45 seconds. Drain them and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the chicken stock, oyster sauce, salt, sugar, and white pepper. Mix them well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok under medium heat. Stir-fry the ginger, garlic, and white part of scallions for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the blanched vegetables and stir-fry for another minute. Then, add the Shaoxing wine and the sauce mixture. You can add some salt according to preferences.
- Cook for a minute or until the sauce simmer, and then add the cornstarch mixture.
- Mix them well until the sauce coats the vegetables and let it cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve them with a hot bowl of rice. Enjoy!
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using the foodpanda app! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.