Macaroni and Cheese is a family favourite recipe that is immensely easy to prepare, delicious and loved by all children and adults. Imagine: multiple layers of different types of cheese melted and mixed into the macaroni and baked to achieve that golden-brown crisp on top.
You can read more about macaroni and cheese by clicking here.
If you love cheese this is the ultimate comfort food for lunch, dinner, or both to eat with your loved ones. Although there are countless variations of macaroni and cheese, they are relatively easy and convenient to prepare.
- 500 g of dried elbow pasta
- ½ cups of unsalted butter
- ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups of whole milk
- 4 cups of grated medium sharp cheddar cheese divided (measured after grating)
- 2 cups of grated Gruyere cheese divided (measured after grating)
- ½ tablespoons of salt
- ½ teaspoons of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoons of paprika
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees ℉ and grease a 3 qt baking dish (9×13″). Set aside.
- Boil a large pot of salted water. When the water is boiling, add dried pasta and cook 1 minute less than the package directs. Drain off the water and drizzle olive oil on top of the pasta.
- While the water is boiling, grate the cheeses and toss together to mix, then divide them into three piles. Approximately 3 cups for the sauce, 1½ cups for the inner layer, and 1½ cups for the topping.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour and whisk to combine. Cook (and continuously whisk) for approximately 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in about 2 cups of the milk and continuously whisk throughout the cooking process until it becomes smooth. Slowly pour in the remaining milk, while constantly whisking, until they are combined and becomes smooth.
- Continue to heat over medium heat, until the mixture thickened to a very thick consistency. It should almost be the consistency of a semi thinned out the condensed soup.
- Stir in spices and 1½ cups of the cheeses, stir until they melt and combine. Stir in another 1½ cups of cheese, and stir until they have completely melted and has the smooth texture.
- Combine drained pasta with cheese sauce in a large bowl, and stir to combine fully. Pour half of the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish and top it with 1 ½ cups of grated cheeses. Then pour in the remaining pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with the last 1 ½ cups of cheese and bake for 15 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and achieves a light golden brown.
- Serve it hot and enjoy!
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using the foodpanda app! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.