The mouth-watering Italian dish. Margherita pizza is a classic pizza made of tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil, salt, and virgin olive oil. People have been enjoying eating Margherita pizza since the old days.
Margherita pizza was made in 1889 in honour of the Queen of Italy; Margherita of Savoy. The ingredient used in the pizza was chosen specially to represent the flag of Italy. The red tomato, the white mozzarella, and the green basil symbolises the colours of the Italian flag.
The cheesy taste of pizza pairs well with the slight sourness of fresh tomatoes. Craving for some Margherita pizza in the middle of the night, but you have nowhere to go? Worry not, you can always bake a Margherita pizza right in your kitchen. Here is a recipe for making a Margherita pizza:
- Olive oil
- Pizza dough
- Tomato sauce
- Fresh tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Black pepper
- Mozzarella cheese
- Roasted chopped garlic
- Preheat the oven to about 246°C.
- Mix olive oil with the chopped garlic in a small bowl.
- Brush the top of the pizza dough with the olive oil.
- Push slightly the pizza dough to prevent bubbling.
- Top the pizza with the tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and the sliced tomatoes.
- Bake the pizza for about 14-16 minutes until the crust turns brownish and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top the pizza with fresh basil and black pepper.
- Slice the pizza and serve immediately.
Now, your Margherita pizza is ready to be eaten. Pizza is meant to be shared with everyone around you. So, sit back and enjoy your pizza with your loved ones. Visit foodpanda to learn more variety of recipes.