This hearty Italian dish will warm your belly and soothe your soul! This minestrone soup recipe is a classic and wholesome Italian vegetable soup. This soup serves as a great side dish to a bowl of steamed rice, breadsticks or even pasta. Usually, macaroni or elbow pasta is used and cooked with the soup.
What’s more, is that the recipe is much easier than you think! With ingredients easily found in any local grocer and a total cooking time of only 30 minutes, you can easily whip up your own delicious version of minestrone soup. Try it today!
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 1 can of diced tomato (795g)
- 1 cup of elbow pasta
- 1 ½ cups of green beans (trimmed & cut into ½ inch pieces)
- 6 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 parmesan cheese (grated)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- In a large pot, cook the onions over medium heat until translucent. Then, add in the garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add in the carrot and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the pieces begin to soften. Then, stir in the green beans and season with dried basil, oregano, ½ tsp of salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently stir the ingredients and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in the can of diced tomatoes and chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium-low and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Then, add in the pasta and cook until the pasta and vegetables are tender. Season with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and top with grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil (optional). Enjoy!
However, if you feel like ordering your favourite meals instead, download the foodpanda today! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.