It is no doubt that many of us each have a sweet tooth, especially when it comes to chocolates. Who could resist the temptation for chocolates, am I right? It is everyone’s favourites for desserts. If you mention chocolates, pretty sure many types of it will come to your mind. But have you heard about mint chocolate?
Mint chocolate is perfect for those who are true peppermint lovers, no doubt. The minty and sweet chocolate tastes are the ideal combinations, simply unique and irresistible! Just one bite of these and you will get hooked – it makes you wanting for more. Follow this simple mint chocolate recipe to make your own at home.
- 1 12-oz bag of mint chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a parchment paper with a piece of baking sheet. Put them aside.
- Heat the semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute and let it sit for 1 minute. Then, microwave it again for an additional minute. Once done, put it aside and prepare the mint chocolate.
- Prepare a ceramic bowl. In the bowl, put in the mint chocolate chips, whipping cream and butter together. Heat it in the microwave for 2 minutes with an additional of 30 seconds. Then, let it sit for 2 minutes. Put in the peppermint extract and carefully stir until it becomes smooth, and when the cream and butter are well blended.
- Pour out the mint mixture and spread it out evenly onto the lined parchment paper. Ensure that the surface is at least 1/3” thick.
- Stir the semi-sweet chocolate until it gets smooth. Once done, spread it along the mint chocolate.
- Using a thin, sharp knife, make swirls by dragging through the chocolate. Repeat this step until you are satisfied with the results.
- Lastly, leave it to cool. Cut them into 1” squares and store them in the fridge until they are ready to be served.
Mint Chocolate Recipe
And that’s about it! You now have your mint chocolate ready to be eaten. You can enjoy them for your desserts after an enjoyable meal.
You can also go through various options of food, snacks and drinks from foodpanda if you do not feel like cooking. Just by a few clicks, and your food will be delivered right at your doorstep.