If you’re looking for quick and simple cake recipes, here’s your answer! Foodpanda’s recipe on Molasses Cake is indeed a great recipe, with ingredients you can find at your local grocer or supermarkets.
You have the choice of serving your cake with some ice cream, frosted cream cheese or even all by its lonesome. Without further ado, here’s the recipe for molasses cake.
Ingredients (12 servings):
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of molasses
- 1 cup of brewed coffee (hot)
- ½ cup of shortening
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 175⁰C. Meanwhile, grease a square baking pan.
- Sift together cinnamon, salt, cloves, ginger baking soda and flour. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, gradually beat the shortening and sugar over medium speed about 1 – 2 minutes, or until the consistency is light and creamy.
- Add in the molasses and eggs. Once those are combined, add in the sifted ingredients.
- Stir in the hot coffee. The batter should be thin.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 30 – 35 minutes. Test by making sure the toothpick is clean after inserting it into the centre of the cake.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool.
- Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!
Molasses Cake Recipe
There you have – a great recipe on Molasses Cake that you can share with your loved ones! For more delicious cake recipes, check out these recipes on Steamed Thousand Layer Cake and Yam Cake.
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.