Recipe: Nasi Lemak Goreng
Nasi lemak is by far the most well-known Malaysian dish. It’s liked by people of all ages and races, Malaysians and tourists alike! The aroma of the pandan leaves and spicy sambal topped with a fried egg or fried chicken brings anyone who eats it to food haven. Now, Nasi Lemak Goreng is trending and is cooked more deliciously compared to regular Nasi Lemak. The extra spices will thrill your taste buds. The best is that it is super easy to make one!
- ¾ cup of rice flour
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- ½ inch ginger
- ½ inch galangal
- 3 lemongrass, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves of garlic
- An inch yellow ginger
- 2 tablespoon of coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coarse cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine cumin
- A handful of fried onions
- 3 cups of rice, washed well
- 4 cups of fresh coconut milk
- 1 strand of pandan leaves, knotted
- 1 lemongrass, slightly smashed
- Inch ginger, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, cut shredded
- 2 cloves of onions
Nasi Lemak Goreng Spices
- 2 tablespoon of dried chilli, blended
- 6 cili api, according to your preference
- 5 cloves of onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Some belacan to add taste
- To cook the rice, include all the items listed under Nasi Lemak in the rice cooker. Add salt to taste.
- While the rice is cooking, blend all the Nasi Lemak Goreng Spices.
- Heat a pan at medium temperature and add some oil. Pour the blended mixture and saute until there is a pleasant aroma. Then, set aside.
- Add a little more oil on the same pan and add 2 cups of the cooked rice and stir well.
- add the sautéed spices mixture according to the level of spiciness you prefer. Stir well.
- serve on plates with prepared sambal and top it with a fried egg, sliced cucumber, fried anchovies and groundnuts.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our recipe on how to make Nasi Dagang! It’s a delicious Kelantanese dish that’s simple and easy to make!
To add more excitement to you, if you are looking forward to trying it out from restaurants or even regular nasi lemak topped with a variety of dishes, get foodpanda to deliver them to you.
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.