Recipe: Northern Thai Curry Noodles
The Thai curry is quite popular in Chiang Mai street food which most Asian will serve it with rice. The food from the north as Thai curry is revealing of the Thai region’s seasonal and relatively cold climate.
The flavour of the curry comes from Thai red curry paste, coconut milk and curry powder, which are readily available in the Asian market. The combination with the crispy shallots is so incredible, making the curry tastes perfect.
- Four tbsp vegetable oil
- Six garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- Two shallots
- 2-6 tsp Thai red curry paste
- Four tsp curry powder
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-pound chicken thighs (pieces)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 3 tsp sugar
- Heat the vegetable oil (use the medium heat) and fry the garlic with shallots until fragrant smell. Add the curry paste powder and let it cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir the coconut milk, chicken broth, chicken pieces, fish sauce and sugar. When it’s boiled, decrease the temperature and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes while occasionally stirring.
- After the chicken already cooked through, you may serve the curry over the eggs noodles and garnish with the desired topping.
Log on to foodpanda to order more of your favourite Thai dishes.
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.