Vibrant, light and exquisitely delicious – this recipe for a Norwegian Smoked Salmon Sandwich is one of the easiest sandwich recipes to make! Drawing inspiration from the Danes, this open-faced sandwich is topped with sour cream, smoked salmon and some fresh herbs. This enhances the overall flavour and brings various textures to the dish. Try this Norwegian Smoked Salmon recipe today and have the perfect afternoon snack!
Ingredients (4 servings):
Herbed Sour Cream:
- 43g (or about 1/3 cups) of sour cream
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- 227g Norwegian smoked salmon (thinly sliced)
- 4 slices of Danish rye bread
- 4 radishes (thinly sliced)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Herbed sour cream
- Black pepper
- Dill sprigs (roughly chopped)
- Parsley (roughly chopped)
- Herbed Sour Cream: start by combining the herbed sour cream ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and season with more salt, if necessary.
- Sandwich: spread the herbed sour cream on each slice of the rye bread. Evenly arrange the smoked salmon on each slice of bread. Top with radishes, lemon zest and black pepper. Lastly, garnish with some fresh dill sprigs and parsley leaves. Enjoy!
There you have it, a super simple yet delicious sandwich recipe for Norwegian Smoked Salmon that should take you only 5 – 10 minutes to prepare! You can also check out sandwich recipes for Mushroom and Cheese Sandwich or Tandoori Chicken Sandwich!
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.