Image Credit : turnuoff
If you enjoy Malaysian food, you should have known by now how much Malaysians love fusion food. One of the dishes that is loved by many is otak-otak fused in a bowl of fried rice, which tastes heavenly! On top of that, the otak-otak fried rice recipe is so simple and easy to follow, making it a stunning fusion that is a must-try at home.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 servings of cooked rice
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 ½ cup of mixed vegetables
- 180g of otak-otak
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of light soya sauce
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 stalks of chopped spring onions
- Heat a pan and pour oil. Then, add in half of the beaten egg into the pan. As it is frying, cut the egg into bite-size pieces. Stir fry till it turns golden brown. Dish out.
- Place the prepared otak-otak into the pan and cook till it slightly turns brown. Use the spatula to cut the otak-otak into small cubes. Then, set aside.
- Using the oil left behind by the fried egg and otak-otak, add in the garlic and stir fry it till turns slightly brown. Then, add mix vegetables and mix well for a minute or two.
- Add rice and fried egg into the pan and mix everything well. Then, add all the seasoning and remaining beaten egg into the pan. Stir till it is well mixed and thoroughly cooked.
- Serve hot on a plate and garnish it with chopped spring onions to make the dish look attractive.
Otak-Otak Fried Rice Recipe
Isn’t it easy to prepare your own version of otak-otak fried rice with this recipe? If you want to make your own otak-otak as well, checkout foodpanda magazine for the recipe. It will take you less than 15 minutes to prepare it, giving you a combo that’s fulfilling and to die for.
For more local food choices, check out the foodpanda app, order your favourite dishes and get them delivered to you right at your doorstep!