Recipe: Pad Krapow Chicken
WHO DOESN’T LOVE PAD KRAPOW, WE NEED TO TALK!
Honestly, you are a lunatic if you do not include pad krapow in your list of favourite food. As for Thai food lovers, you will find comfort in the dish. Whenever you have no idea on what to have for lunch or dinner, always go for something quick and easy such as pad krapow.
If you go to any Thai restaurants in Malaysia, you will definitely find it the menu under the main dish category. A simple dish yet fulfilling, what else can we ask for. Typically, the dish is usually sold for affordable price.
There is no need for you to go to fancy restaurant to have pad krapow because you can also get it at any stalls by the street in Thailand. Stir-fried chicken cooked with basil served with jasmine rice and fried egg on a plate is a nutritious meal. You can get energy from the protein inside the chicken and egg.
It is truly a simple dish to make. Other than that, it also requires short amount of time to prepare. For the rice, the Thais usually use jasmine rice. It has a smooth texture and fragrant smell. Follow the recipe below to make pad krapow at home and instantly feel like you are in Thailand.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 300 grams of boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp. of cooking oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 5 chillies
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. of oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 bag of basil leaves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of cooking oil
- Before you start making anything else, cook jasmine rice first.
- Chop the boneless chicken to small cubes.
- Heat oil inside a pan until it is hot.
- Add garnished garlics and chillies into the pan for a minute.
- Next, carefully add small cubes chicken into the pan and keep stirring until it is completely cooked.
- Gently add soy sauce and oyster sauce onto the chicken. Stir continuously.
- Season the chicken with salt and sugar.
- Turn off the heat and pour a handful of basil leaves into the pan. Keep stirring for a few seconds.
- Take out the chicken from the pan and place in a bowl.
- Now, you are making fried eggs. Pour 1 cup of cooking oil into a heated pan.
- When the oil is hot, drop the egg into the pan.
- Flip the egg to cook the other side when it turns crispy.
- Take out the egg from the pan. Repeat the process for the second egg.
- Properly place 1 cup of steamed jasmine rice, chicken and fried egg onto a plate.
- Serve immediately.
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.