Pad Thai is a famous dish in Thailand. It consists of different types of vegetables with noodles. Sometimes, eggs and shrimps will be added into this dish to add texture and flavour.
It is commonly found in Thai restaurants as well as streets along Thailand. However, since Pad Thai is an easy dish to make, you can gather the ingredients and try to cook it yourself at home!
- Flat rice noodles, or any types of noodles that you prefer
- Minced garlic
- 4 to 5 shrimps, peeled and deveined
- Chicken meat
- Tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Fresh bean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 scallion, chopped finely
- Half cup of roasted peanuts
- 2 limes
- Cilantro, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of brown or cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Siracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (not chunky one)
- Cook the noodles according to the package, usually for about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Mix the sauce ingredients thoroughly. Set aside for later use.
- Heat up oil in a wok under medium heat.
- Add in minced garlic, stir fry the garlic until fragrant.
- Add in chicken parts and shrimps. Cook until the chicken is cooked and the prawn turns red.
- Add in the tofu and gently sauté them.
- Next, add in the bell peppers and stir fry them until soft.
- Once all are cooked, you can either push them aside (if your wok is big enough) or transfer them into a bowl.
- Add in more oil in the same wok and pour in the 2 beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs until they are soft and cooked.
- Add in the peanuts, noodles, sauce, vegetable mixtures and bean sprouts. Mix all of them together.
- Once done, transfer them to a big plate or bowl.
- Top this dish with the limes, cilantro, scallions and more peanuts.
- Serve while hot.
You may serve this dish along with other Thai dishes or desserts! If you want more, you may eat this with a bowl of rice as well. Happy cooking!
Order some drinks or dessert using foodpanda and enjoy your meal!