The Peking Duck features a marinated duck that has been roasted to golden-brown perfection. The dish has a mouth-watering appearance and it is best consumed during lunch or dinner get-togethers with family or friends. The sauce of the dish enhances the flavours of the dish.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 Whole Duck (4 Pound, Dressed)
- ½ tsp of Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp of Ground White Pepper
- 3 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 Piece of Orange (Sliced in Rounds)
- 5 Pieces of Green Onions
- 1 ½ tsp of Sugar
- ¼ Cup of Chutney (Finely Chopped)
- ½ tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of Ground Nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp of Ground Cloves
- 1 Tbsp of Honey
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- ½ Cup of Plum Jam
- 1 ½ tsp of Distilled White Vinegar
- Start preparing the dish by first rinsing the duck thoroughly inside and out. Then, use a paper towel to pat the duck dry. Proceed to cut off and discard the tail.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, white pepper and cloves together. Proceed to add a dash of the mixture into the cavity of the duck. Mix in one tablespoon of soy sauce with the remainder of the spice mixture and then rub the outside of the duck.
- Slice one of the green onions and then place it inside the cavity of the duck. Cover the duck and place it in a refrigerator for about 2 hours to overnight.
- Put the duck with the breast up on a rack and steam for an hour before adding some more water. Lift the duck up with two big spoons and then drain the juices and green onion.
- Then, preheat the oven at 190 degrees Celsius and place the duck with the breast side up in a roasting pan. Slowly pierce the skin all around the duck using a fork.
- Roast the duck in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Let the duck roast and then mix the remaining soy sauce and honey. After 30 minutes, use a silicone brush to brush the honey mixture onto the duck and then place it back into the oven.
- Increase the heat of the oven to 260 degrees Celsius and let it roast for 5 minutes.
- The duck sauce is prepared by mixing together the plum juice with sugar, vinegar and chutney. Serve the sauce in a small serving bowl. Chop the remaining green onions to be served in a separate bowl. The duck is served on a serving platter and garnish with orange slices and fresh parsley.
Craving for some Peking Duck? Order some now on foodpanda to get it delivered to you!