Piccante is an Italian word that means spicy and piquant is the taste that everyone needs in every dish. Sausage, pasta or pizza, everything can be even spicier with piccante. The strong and spicy taste of piccante on your pizza can enrich the taste of the spices and the taste of the pizza
This flavour is famous in Mexico as Mexicans love spicy food. The spicier the food, the better it gets in every bite. The taste of piccante can come from vinegar and several chillies and spices like black pepper, hot pepper, capsaicin and ginger.
Piccante in dishes is used to flavour the food with spices and spicy flavour. The spicy taste in your dish will leave you with a tingling sensation on your tongue. Here is a recipe of making pasta piccante;
- Olive oil
- Hot salami
- Hot chillies
- Cooked pasta (Fettuccine or other desirable pasta)
- Napoli sauce or any other desirable sauce
- Fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the saucepan.
- Cook the hot salami using the olive oil over medium heat until it sizzles.
- Add mushrooms, olives and chillies into the pan.
- Mix the ingredients until the mushrooms are fully soaked and flavoured by the salami.
- Add extra olive oil to make sure it is not dry.
- Mix in the fettuccine pasta.
- Pour in the Napoli sauce to flavour the pasta.
- Sprinkle some fresh basil over the pasta and keep stirring.
- To finish off, top the pasta with the parmesan cheese and some pepper.
Now, you are good to enjoy your plate of pasta piccante. Visit foodpanda to learn more about various recipes from all around the world.