Growing up as a Malaysian, pisang goreng leaves a nostalgic feel to all kids. We all have our favourite pisang goreng stalls that our parents always buy from. Now, we have the best pisang goreng recipe in the house! Get yourselves to indulge in the greatness of the mouth-watering pisang goreng while watching Netflix or chilling at home.
This Pisang Goreng recipe is not only easy to make but requires ingredients that are at the back of your kitchen cupboard. All you need is ripen bananas.
Also, you can choose the types of bananas you want to use for the pisang goreng. There are raja bananas (pisang raja), saba bananas (pisang kepok) and plantains (pisang tanduk). Best is the pisang raja. Click here if you want to know more about the recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 ripe bananas
- Oil for deep frying
Pisang goreng batter:
- 100g rice flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- ½ cup of water
- Heat enough oil in a pot at high temperature for deep frying.
- Meanwhile, peel all the bananas. Optionally, make three slits along its length keeping the bottom 1 inch intact, so the bananas can be opened up like a fan.
- Whisk all the pisang goreng batter in a mixing bowl.
- Once the oil is hot, scoop 1 tablespoon of hot oil and add to the batter. Whisk it well.
- Coat the bananas with the batter and deep-fry them for about 3 to 4 minutes until they turn golden brown and crispy. At around 2 minutes into frying, drop the batter in drips into the hot oil to make plenty batter droplets. The drops quickly sticks to the frying bananas resulting in crispy bits.
- Remove the bananas and drain on a wire rack to remove excess oil. You can now serve the warm pisang goreng.
You could make pisang goreng for family and friends if they were to visit you at your home. A super easy and simple recipe that you can do during the weekends too. If you’re too tired to make an effort in the kitchen, you can always download the foodpanda app and get your favourite food delivered to you right at your doorsteps.