Recipe Popcorn Chicken – If you love chicken, then you are sure to love this recipe for popcorn chicken. It’s the perfect, bite-sized snack for any occasion and is also great for sharing with your loved ones. The best part about this snack is that it’s easy and quick to make. The preparation time for the recipe is approximately 20 minutes, while the cooking time only takes 8 minutes. So, what are you waiting for? Try making homemade popcorn for a fun night in!
Ingredients (Serving size: 6):
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Oil, for frying
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- In a bowl, mix flour, garlic powder, salt and black pepper together. Beat lemon juice and eggs together in a separate bowl.
- Heat about 1.5 to 2 inches of oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Dip the cubed chicken pieces into the flour mixture and then into the egg mixture. The chicken pieces are then dipped into the flour mixture again.
- Make sure the oil is hot enough by dropping a small amount of flour into the oil. The oil is ready for frying when the flour sizzles. Place about 10 pieces of chicken into the pot with hot oil. Cook the chicken until golden brown or about 8 minutes.
- Remove the oil and drain any excess oil using a paper towel lined plate. Season the chicken with salt. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
You can pimp this dish with delicious fried rice and you are good to go! If you don’t have the time or ingredients to make popcorn chicken, why not order delivery? Order the dish and any other snacks from KFC (limited time only) or Nomms using foodpanda!