You might argue that potato waffles are better than regular waffles. Well, you may be right! Potato waffles are a great fixer-upper if one is craving for a savoury and yummy meal. You can have these waffles as a main meal, for tea or even dessert! But have you found any recipe for the potato waffle?
Luckily for you, we, here at foodpanda, love waffles and has come up with a delicious waffle recipe combining potatoes with bacon! What’s more, is that the recipe is extremely simple.
So, if you have waffle iron sitting around somewhere in your kitchen cabinet, why not try and follow the recipe below to make some delicious potato? Let’s get started!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 15 rashers smoked bacon (diced)
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion (diced)
- 800g medium potatoes
- 40g cornflour
- 40g parmesan (grated)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large frying pan, fry half of the diced bacon with the onions for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft and the bacon achieves a golden-brown.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Crack the eggs and add them to the onion and bacon mixture. Mix well.
- Fry the other half of the bacon in the same frying pan until crispy. These will be used as garnish later.
- Peel and grate the potatoes. Place the grated potatoes on a clean tea towel and squeeze as much liquid out of the potatoes as possible.
- Stir the dried potato into the eggs and add in parmesan, cornflour and seasoning.
- Preheat your waffle iron and oil it. Spoon and spread some of the mixture onto the waffle iron and cover to cook. It should cook for about 15 minutes, or until there is som little steam and the waffle has turned golden-brown.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and garnish with the crisp bacon and fresh chives. Enjoy!
There you have it – a great recipe on potato waffles! Feel free also to check out these quick and easy recipes from Foodpanda – Banana Bread and Homemade Popcorn. Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.