Rabokki is the ultimate sweet and spicy dish. It is a combination of ramen and dukboki. Dukboki (or tteokbokki) is a famous Korean street-food, also known as spicy rice cakes, covered in a thick and spicy sauce. It serves as a great snack or as a casual meal at home.
Many Koreans eat Rabokki as a main dish accompanied by some Korean Fried Dumplings or seaweed spring rolls. Over time, it has become known as a delicacy not only in Korea but also in many Asia countries! The recipe is fairly simple to make, and it only takes about 30 minutes in total to prepare and serve. Try this great dish now and share it with your friends and family.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your very own rabokki:
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 180g Korean rice cake (16 pieces)
- 110g Korean fish cake (2 sheets)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of water
- 1 package Korean instant ramen
- ½ onion
- 2 tbsp gochugaru (Korean red chilli pepper flakes)
- 1 tbsp gochujang (Korean red chilli pepper paste)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 spring onion
- Sesame seeds
To prepare ingredients:
- Start by chopping the spring onion and slicing the onion.
- If you are using frozen Korean rice cakes, separate and soak them in water for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse the Korean fish cakes under hot water and chop them into rectangular pieces.
- Hard boil two eggs. Peel and set aside.
To make Rabokki:
- In a pot, pour the 2 cups of water over medium-high heat and place the rice cakes and fish cakes.
- Add in sugar and honey and bring the pot to a boil.
- To make the sauce, add in the soy sauce, honey, sugar, gochugaru and gochujang and stir. Make sure the paste has completely dissolved.
- Add in the onion slices and ramen noodles.
- Let it boil for several minutes, or until the ramen becomes soft. Then, add in the hardboiled eggs.
- Transfer them into a bowl and garnish with spring onions or sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Try it out today or order it at Myeongdong using the foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.