Image Credit: momandsisters
Nothing beats a bowl of hot soup when you’re a little under the weather. This Rice Cake Kimchi Soup is a Korean favourite on rainy days or as a remedy to help upset tummies or cure a cold. Here’s a quick Rice Cake Kimchi Soup recipe to a wholesome and healthy soup packed with probiotics to help you feel better and quicker.
- 7 cups (1680ml)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece ginger, minced
- 1227g ground meat of choice
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 453g tteok rice cakes
- 1-2 cups kimchi
- 1-3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- nori seaweed
- sesame seeds
- Add stock, garlic and ginger into a large pot on high heat.
- Once boiling, add it the green onions and ground meat of your choice. Let boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice cakes into the pot and cook according to the packaging. They will float once cooked.
- Remove from heat and let the soup cool a little. Add soy sauce, kimchi, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with nori and sesame seeds.
Rice Cake Kimchi Soup Recipe
Kimchi has live probiotics which make this ingredient high in nutrients and excellent for gut health. With this in mind, be careful to not kill the bacteria by adding the kimchi while the soup is boiling. This rice cake kimchi soup serves as an excellent meal even if you don’t have a particular occasion.
If you’re too lazy to step into the kitchen, you can always order well-prepped soup dishes from the foodpanda app and have them delivered right to you.