Banh Trang is a Vietnamese twist on pizza. You can typically find this on the streets of Vietnam due to it being a popular street snack option. However, many locals also make the dish at home as the recipe is incredibly simple – rice paper topped with egg, tuna spring onions, and finished with mayo and sriracha. A pro tip would be to always rotate the rice paper when cooking to avoid sticking onto the pan.
If you find yourself hungry in the middle of the day, why not follow the Banh Trang recipe below and whip up a delicious plate of Banh Trang. It would only take you around 15 minutes, if not less.
- 1 egg
- 1 rice paper sheet
- 1 spring onion (chopped)
- 1 can of Sirena tuna in oil
- Vegetable oil
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, mix egg and half of the chopped spring onion in a mixing bowl.
- Place s sheet of rice paper in the pan and pour the egg mix over the sheet. Spread the edges with the back of a spoon.
- Use a pair of tongs to rotate the pizza, making sure it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Open the can of tuna and break any large chunks of tuna with a fork. Then, top the pizza with the tuna.
- Swirl the sriracha and mayonnaise on top of the pizza and let it cook for about 1 – 2 minutes until it reaches a crispy texture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining spring onion. Transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!
Banh Trang Recipe
Share your homemade Banh Trang with your loved ones and expect them to ask for more! For more easy Vietnamese recipes, check out these recipes for Vietnamese Ham Salad and Vietnamese Seafood Fried Noodles.
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.