Craving for something healthy but filling? This roast duck salad from Thailand is sure to satisfy your craving and appetite. Salads are usually served as appetisers or as breakfast. The standard variation includes Caesar’s salad which has a hearty portion of chicken slices, vegetables and croutons.
In Thai cuisine, they often incorporate fruits with their dishes, this includes salad. Yum Ped Yang, which means roast duck salad contains slices of mango mixed in the salad.
Here is how you can make it at home for your breakfast. This bowl of nutritious and tasty salad will make you a morning person!
- Large duck, roasted
- 2 fresh ginger roots, thinly sliced
- Minced garlic
- 1 small green mango, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 4 shallots, chopped finely
- A few mint leaves
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, chopped finely
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of nam pla
This dish is relatively easy to make, once you have gathered all the ingredients, you will only need cook a bit and toss them evenly.
- Remove the meat from the roast duck, shred the meat into tiny pieces.
- Mix all the dressings ingredients evenly and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside for later use.
- Toss the salad ingredients evenly and pour in the dressings.
- Mix all of them thoroughly until it is even.
- Serve immediately.
If you do not wish to mix in the salad dressings just yet, you may serve the ingredients in a bowl or big plate with the salad dressing on the side. This way, those who wish to have this salad dish may add their preferred dressing amount.
You may adjust the amount of the salad dressings and the portions of the ingredients according to your preference. This recipe is just a rough estimation of a general roast duck salad. Happy cooking!
Craving more Thai food? Order from foodpanda now!