Recipe Roasted Chicken – If you’re wondering what to serve for a house party or gathering, then this recipe is just the answer you need. A great idea is to serve roast chicken as the portion is great for sharing and who doesn’t love chicken? The preparation steps are simple and easy, then just pop it into the oven and voila! Continue reading for the recipe for roasted chicken below.
Ingredients (serves 5 people):
- 75 – 2 kg whole chicken, patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 100 g/ 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp sage, finely chopped
- 2 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp of salt and black pepper, respectively
- 1 cup or 250 ml dry white wine (or low sodium chicken broth)
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 garlic bulb, halved horizontally
- First, take the chicken out from the fridge at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Then, preheat the oven to 220°C (for the standard) or 200°C (for fan/convection). Put the shelf in the middle.
- Later, mix the “butter” ingredients together. Then, add the juice from 2 wedges of lemon.
- Next, place the chicken in a roasting pan. Use a dessert spoon to slightly loosen the chicken skin. Note to do only the top and drumsticks, and not the underside.
- Then, prop the chicken upright and drizzle butter under the chicken skin. Use most of the garlic/herb mixture but save a bit of butter for the skin.
- Drizzle or smear the remaining butter mixture all over the surface of the chicken. Squeeze 2 wedges of lemon over the chicken skin.
- Then, stuff the used lemon wedges and rosemary inside the chicken.
- Tie the drumstick ends together with string and tuck the wing tips under the chicken
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the chicken.
- Place the garlic and onion in the pan then place the chicken on top. (Optional: pour wine around and on the chicken.
- Transfer to over roast and roast for 10 minutes. Then, reduce the heat to 180°C (all over types). Roast for another 1 hour 15 mins or until the internal temperature reaches or when the juices run clear when pierced at the joint between the drumstick and the body. Baste twice (at 30 minutes then at 1 hour), spooning the pan juices over the chicken skin.
- Lastly, allow the chicken the rest for 15 minutes – don’t cover, skin becomes wet.
- Serve the roasted chicken with the pan juices. Enjoy!
Now that you have the Recipe Roasted Chicken right here for you, don’t waste any more time and head on to impress your family and friends.
Hungry for more? Order some side dishes and drinks using foodpanda today!