This roasted pork ribs with rice and egg dish is a great representation of a delicious and authentic Vietnamese meal. The secret lies in the marinade, which we will be combining a great mix of aromatic and flavours that will take your dish to the next level! This is the recipe for roasted pork ribs rice with eggs which we have prepared. Here’s what you’ll need.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 500g pork ribs
- 2 cups of broken rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium tomato (sliced)
- ½ cup pickled daikon and carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp lemongrass (minced)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 120⁰C.
- Wash the rice a few times until the water becomes clear. Fill the rice with water and let it cook in the rice cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Rub the marinade all over the pork ribs and rub into the meat using your hands, making sure to coat the ribs evenly.
- Wrap the racks in tinfoil and place the rib rack meat-side down and let it bake until tender and cooked through, about 2 & ½ hours.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat some vegetable oil over medium-high heat and crack the egg. Lightly sprinkle some pepper and light soy sauce and let it cook for about 1 – 2 minutes on each side.
- Fluff the cooked rice and transfer onto serving plates. Divide the pork ribs, sunny side up egg and pickled daikon and carrots and serve. Enjoy!
There you have it – a great recipe on roasted pork ribs rice with eggs!