Never heard of a recipe for Rockin’ Wings before? Well, you’re in for a treat!
It goes without saying that chicken wings are something beloved by most, if not all, Malaysians. And what’s even better than chicken wings you may ask? Zesty and flavourful ones, of course! With a marinade made from yoghurt, beer and a ton of herbs, Rockin’ Wings pack a flavourful punch you won’t be able to get from any other dish.
The chicken wings are meant to absorb all the marinade through the skin and meat; hence, the long marinating time required for this dish. And although it can take up to three days to marinate the chicken, they say good things happen to those who wait and that’s especially the case for this recipe!
So, the next time you’re craving for tender chicken wings but aren’t in the mood to head out, you know just what to make.
- 4 lb chicken wings
- 3 cups plain yoghurt
- 3 oz beer
- 4 limes
- 1 1/2″ ginger root—coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried lavender (yes!)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- Rinse and wash the chicken wings under tap water. Using a sharp knife, poke holes into the chicken wings. This is so that the marinade will penetrate through the flesh of the chicken wings while it marinates.
- In a mixing bowl, squeeze two limes and mix the lime juice with all the remaining ingredients except for the oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Coat the chicken wings in the marinade. Make sure both sides are coated evenly.
- Leave the chicken wings to marinate in the refrigerator for 1-3 days.
- Once marinated, remove the chicken wings from the fridge and oil a preheated baking sheet. Bake the chicken wings in an oven over 246 deg Celcius.
- After 30 minutes, flip the chicken wings to make sure both sides cook evenly.
- Bake the chicken wings until their crisp and golden-brown (approximately 40-50 minutes).
- Once done, serve alongside some celery sticks and the remaining limes cut into wedges. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this Recipe for Rockin’ Chicken, check out our recipes on how to make Marmite Chicken, Spicy Chicken Arrabiata, Korean Popcorn Chicken, and Smoked Chicken Drumsticks, among many others. Learn to experiment with various different ways to cook your chicken with foodpanda!
Or, if you’re too lazy to cook, you can always just order from foodpanda app, too. The foodpanda app offers a large variety of restaurants for you to order from. Plus, they deliver your meals straight to your doorstep!
So, what’re you waiting for? Order from foodpanda today!