Rojak Mee is a local staple that is synonymous to the multi-ethnic country that is Malaysia. The combination of a sweet and spicy peanut sauce piled on fried dough, crisp bean sprouts and slippery noodles is perfection on a plate.
Try to make this local staple with the Rojak Mee recipe below!
For the gravy:
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 25 sticks of dried chilli, boiled
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp
- 150 g peanuts, fried and grounded
- 1 tablespoon Tamarind paste (mixed with 2 cups of water and strained)
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 3 tablespoon chicken stock
- 100 g palm sugar
For the condiments
- 400 g yellow noodles, blanched
- 2 tofu, fried and cut
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- 1 potato, boiled and diced
- ½ cucumber, thinly shredded
- ½ turnip, shredded
- In a blender, finely blend onion, garlic, dried chilli and dried shrimp.
- In a wok, on medium heat pour in the oil and fry the aromatics until the oil separates from the mixture.
- Next, add in the peanut and stir until dry.
- Pour in Tamarind water and stir until the sauce is homogenous.
- Add in chicken stock and palm sugar and stir until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Place all the condiments in a bowl and pour the sauce over. Ready to serve
Rojak Mee Recipe
You could garnish the rojak with roasted and roughly chopped peanuts to add more crunchiness to the dish. If you find this Rojak Mee recipe useful, check out other delicious recipes on foodpanda magazine.
If you’re too lazy to get your hands on the ingredients on this recipe, head on over to the foodpanda app and have a Rojak Mee delivered to you.