Have you ever wondered how your local stall makes your roti canai so perfect? Have you ever envied the chef’s skill and thought, “If he can do it, I can do it too”? Well, challenge your culinary skills with this roti canai recipe.
It’s so easy; you may even think of opening your own stall!
- 1⁄2 tbsp salt
- 1⁄2 tbsp sugar
- 290 g wheat flour
- 200 ml water
- 2 tbsp oil
- Dilute salt and sugar in water. Mix flour and the salt/sugar mixture evenly.
- Knead dough until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 6 parts. Coat each dough with oil and place them on an oiled plate. Pour oil over the dough. Let dough rest overnight.
- On the next day, flatten the dough and flip it several times until it expands to a square.
- Pinch the centre of the dough and lift it off your board. Swirl the dough in a circular motion until it becomes a semi ball.
- Sprinkle some oil on the dough before letting the dough rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, flatten dough once more. Place it on a pan heated at medium heat.
- Once the roti is spotted brown, remove from heat and serve.
Roti Canai Recipe
You could serve your roti canai with dhal, a curry of your choice, sugar or even eat it plain. It takes practice to flip and turn the roti to expand it skillfully. So, don’t lose hope if you fail. Keep on trying!
On the other hand, if you’re not willing to wait overnight, head on over to the foodpanda app and have your favourite roti or meals delivered to you in a matter of minutes.
Also, subscribe to foodpanda magazine for more delicious recipes!