Recipe: Roti Milo
This recipe for Roti Milo is heavenly and we’re sharing it with you! What’s better than Milo in a cup? Milo in bread, of course! We remember back in the day we used to sneak in a tablespoon of Milo powder and chomp on the powdery delight.
Sometimes, if you took too big a spoonful of Milo powder- you could have had it go down the wrong pipe. That usually results in a burst of Milo powder everywhere followed by a watery-eyed dry heave. Despite a few casualties, we still hunkered down and powered through.
Check out this simple recipe for Roti Milo. Heads up: you won’t be violently coughing up your favourite snack this time.
- White bread- (we prefer Gardenia)
- Milo Powder
- 1 Egg
- Oil for frying
- Firstly, use a rolling pin to flatten out each slice of bread evenly. Prepare one at a time.
- Next, dilute the Milo powder with hot water. Add just enough water to make the Milo into a paste. The consistency of the paste should resemble melted chocolate.
- Then, place the Milo paste in the middle of the flattened bread and cover with another piece of bread.
- After that, use a mug, or a cookie cutter if you have one and cut out a circle from the centre of the bread.
- Dip the circles into the egg wash. To make the egg wash, crack an egg, add 3 drops of water and beat vigorously.
- Lastly, on a pan on high heat- fry the Milo circles until golden brown. Serve.
It really was that simple! Pro tip: don’t throw away the excess bread. Instead- cut them into cubes and dip them into the egg wash (now salted). This way, you can have both sweet and savoury on one plate!
If you’re hungry and are too lazy to step into the kitchen or leave your house for food, download the foodpanda app and have your favourite meals delivered to you! Don’t forget to subscribe to foodpanda Magazine, too!
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.