Malaysians are blessed with a plethora of breads to choose from. Follow this recipe of roti pisang (banana bread), and you’ll be able to increase your potassium intake while indulging in one of the best Malaysian snacks.
Recipe of Roti Pisang:
- 1⁄2 tbsp salt
- 1⁄2 tbsp sugar
- 290 g wheat flour
- 200 ml water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- Dilute the salt and sugar in water. To make the dough, add the wheat flour into the salt and sugar solution, then mix the ingredients evenly.
- Knead the dough until it has a smooth surface.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts. Next, coat each piece with some oil and place them on an oiled plate. Let the dough pieces sit overnight.
- On the next day, flatten one of the dough pieces and flip it several times on your working surface until it expands and becomes rectangular.
- Pinch the centre of the dough and lift it off your working surface. Next, rub the dough between your hands in continuous circular motions until it becomes a semi ball.
- Sprinkle some oil on the dough before letting the dough sit for another 3-5 minutes.
- Next, flatten the dough once more. Slice up a banana and layer the slices on the dough. After that, pull the corners of the dough towards its middle point. Then, attach them onto the body of the dough.
- Place the dough on a pan that is heated to medium heat.
- Once the dough turns brownish, remove it from the pan and serve.
- Repeat steps 4 to 9 by using the remaining dough pieces.
Here you have a simple recipe of roti pisang that tops up some nutritional values to your otherwise fat-heavy snacks! If you’re looking for creative ways to innovate this roti pisang, we recommend coating the banana slices with some Milo powder before wrapping them in your dough.
If you’re not in the mood of baking and cleaning up the kitchen after your baking session, download the foodpanda app now and have delicious roti pisang delivered to you!