Recipe Salmon Hana Maki
Maki sushi is one of the types of sushi you are probably most familiar with. It is the most popular type of sushi, where they are made in rolls and then sliced into round bite-size pieces. In such rolls, fillings such as fish, crab meat, vegetables and so on are rolled up inside of seaweed or Japanese rice, or both. On the other hand, Hana means flower in Japanese. Thus, Salmon Hana Maki is a kind of sushi that is wrapped by fresh salmon, and then fire torched before drizzling it with a special sauce. Beautiful and delicious! Without further ado, here is a beautiful recipe on Salmon Hana Maki.
Ingredients (20 pieces):
- 2 cups uncooked glutinous white rice (sushi rice)
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 pieces thinly sliced salmon
- 400g minced fried salmon skin
- 300g Japanese mayonnaise
- Adequate Prawn roe (ebikko)
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear.
- Combine with water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- When it’s cooked, the rice should be tender and water should be absorbed. Place aside to let it cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine rice vinegar, oil, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Turn off heat, let it cool.
- Pour the sauce into the cooked rice. Keep stirring until rice dry as it cools.
- Divide sushi rice into 20 pieces, and mould into small rice balls. Wrap each rice ball with a salmon slice.
- Place minced fried salmon skin on each rice ball, squeeze some mayonnaise on top, and then sprinkle prawn roe as garnish.
However, if you want to save the hassle of preparing your own Japanese sushi dish, you can always order your favourite dishes via foodpanda and have it delivered to your doorstep.
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.