The Salmon Sashimi Salad is a delicious appetizer, made out of salmon, arugula and daikon sprouts, with Japanese salad dressings. The dish is one of the most common salads in Japan, where it originated from and it has many variations to it that may differ between regions.
The bright-coloured salad will have heads turning to it and the taste is phenomenal, with the freshness of salmon which adds a savoury flavour to the dish. The vegetables used can be swapped out with a wide array of other choices, such as cabbage, baby spinach, mustard green and many more.
The salad is fresh and clean and it has a light feel to it which helps your body during the hotter season. The dish is made by mostly mixing all of the raw ingredients together to make the dressing and then combined together with the salad to create the perfect meal.
The dish is simple to make and quick to prepare (within 15 minutes), so if you are looking for something quick to make then the Salmon Sashimi Salad is your best choice for a nutritional and also hearty meal. For a more filling meal, the Salmon Sashimi Salad can be paired with Japanese steamed rice and green tea.
Check out the Salmon Sashimi Salad below for a nutritional meal to fill your belly and stimulate your senses.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 2 tbsp of Fish Sauce
- 3 tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp of Roasted Sesame Oil
- 140 g of Fresh Salmon
- 2 Cups of Arugula Leaves
- Broccoli or Daikon Sprouts
- 1 Piece of Avocado
- 1 tbsp of Scallion
- 1 tbsp of Pine Nuts
- 1 tbsp of Black Sesame Seeds
- To prepare the salmon sashimi salad, start by first mixing all of the salad dressing ingredients together, which includes fish sauce, olive oil, lemon juice and also roasted sesame oil. Whisk the mixture well.
- Proceed by adding some arugula leaves into the salad dressing mix and then serving it in a glass bowl.
- Prepare the salmon by first removing the skin of the salmon and then cut the salmon into smaller bite-sized pieces (½ inch slices). Proceed by also slicing the avocados into smaller pieces.
- Add the pieces of salmon, avocados and also a handful of daikon sprouts into the same glass bowl with the arugula leaves. Lastly, sprinkle some sesame seeds, scallions and pine nuts, if desired.