Have no idea what to prepare for a light meal? Want something filling but not too difficult to make? Why not make yourself some Salt Pepper Squid with Fries? This dish requires only 20 minutes to prepare! In this article, we provide you with a recipe for Salt Pepper Squid with Fries, and the steps are really simple to follow. Let’s get started!
Recipe for Salt Pepper Squid with Fries:
- 350g of raw squid (tentacles and tubes)
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of salt and pepper for marinating
- ¼ cup of corn starch
- 2 teaspoon of coarsely ground white pepper
- ½ tablespoon of chilli pepper powder (optional)
- 1 fresh red pepper, 1 fresh green pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ middle-sized egg
- 1 small bunch of Coriander
- Cooking oil
- A medium-sized potato
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Firstly, clean the squid. Make sure to remove the dark skins on the surface of the squid.
- Once the squid is clean, cut the squid into ½ square inches. Next, rinse the squid pieces thoroughly with water. Dry them using kitchen papers.
- The next step is to marinate the squid pieces with salt and pepper for about 10 minutes. Then, add in the egg and starch. Mix the ingredients well.
- After that, cut the potato and both of the fresh peppers into verticle pieces.
- Next step, prepare a pot. Pour enough cooking oil into the pot for deep frying. Heat the oil until 170 degrees Celcius. Put in one small piece of squid to check the oil temperature. If the squid floats seconds later, it means the oil is hot enough.
- Put in some marinated squid and begin deep-frying them in small batches.
- Place all the fried squid on a plate and set aside. Fry all the potato pieces and set aside.
- Using a cooking pan, put in 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Fry the fresh peppers, garlic and green onion until you smell their delicious aromas. Place the fried squids and fries into the cooking pan. Sprinkle the dish with some salt and pepper.
- Once everything is done, turn off the heat and mix everything well.
- Serve and enjoy!
There you have it! A simple recipe for Salt Pepper Squid with Fries. Enjoy them with a bowl of rice for a hearty meal!
However, if you wish to avoid the hassle of cooking, you can also order your food via foodpanda. With just a few clicks, your order will be delivered right to your doorstep!