Prawns, yee mee and eggs – there isn’t any better combination to make a hearty dish as the Sang Ha Noodles. The preparation might take some time. Still, we promise you your effort will be worth it once you get to enjoy this beautiful aromatic dish.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 800g of freshwater prawns (sang ha) or lobster
- 400 g of yee mee
- 2 eggs
- 3 g of cornflour
- 14 g of msg-free chicken stock cube
- 14 g of garlic, crushed
- 16 g of sesame oil (about 1 teaspoon)
- 25 litres of hot water
- 100 ml of water (room temperature)
- 1g of ground black pepper
- Prepare the sang ha by cutting off the tip of the prawn head, start from the eye section. Then cut off claws and legs. Do not peel the prawn or remove the entire head as it will at taste to the noodle.
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the top of the shell, about halfway through the flesh to remove and discard intestine.
- Heat a large wok on low heat. Add sesame oil and minced garlic in the hot oil and fry for about 20 to 30 seconds until aromatic.
- Arrange the prawns in the wok, make sure they are evenly in place to ensure even cooking.
- Add 100 ml of dissolved chicken stock, cover the wok and let the prawn simmer for about 1 minute.
- Remove cover the cover and add another 900 ml of chicken stock. Let it boil, flipping the prawns in the process before turning off the heat.
- Set a new wok on high heat and carefully transfer half the liquids used for cooking the prawns into the new wok.
- Add yee mee and the rest of the chicken stock to the second pot and stir until the noodle is cooked.
- To prepare the gravy, mix cornflour with 100 ml of water.
- In a separate bowl, crack the eggs and whisk it lightly.
- Return the first wok to high heat and bring it to a boil. Remove the prawns into a bowl before adding corn starch into the gravy and continue to stir.
- Turn the heat off and add whisked eggs while lightly whisking the eggs into the gravy. Let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- To serve, place the noodle on a plate, pour the gravy over and serve with one large sang ha each. Add ground black pepper as you see fit. Enjoy!
Craving for some drinks of dessert with your Sang Ha Noodles? Order using foodpanda now and we’ll deliver it right to your doorstep!