Recipe: Seafood Bibimbab
Try to make some bibimbap with your favourite mix of fresh seafood and vegetables.
- Steamed Rice
- 100 grams of mussels
- 100 grams of shrimp
- 200 grams of clam
- ½ of a zucchini
- 200 grams of Korean radish
- 20 ml of sesame oil
- Minced garlic
- Green onions
- 40 grams of tofu
- Salt for taste
- 2 pieces of dried kelp
- 480 ml of water
- 30 ml of fish sauce
- Soy sauce
- Garlic, minced
- Green onions
- Gochujang sauce
- Cook about 2 cups of rice before you begin.
- Soak mussels, shrimp, and clams in saltwater for about two hours.
- Wash them under running water and drain the excess water with a strainer. If you do not have a strainer, you can use a washcloth.
- Peel and mince the garlic. Finely chop the green onions.
- In a large pot, boil about 2 cups of water with 2 pieces of kelp at medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- In a separate pot, sauté some clams at high heat for one minute. Pour in a cup of kelp broth with fish sauce, gochujang, minced garlic, and chopped green onions. Boil it at medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Wash and peel the Korean radish and zucchini. Later on, julienne the both of them.
- In a pan, sauté some radish with some sesame oil for one minute. Pour in about 2 tablespoons of clam broth and cook it at medium heat for another minute longer. Repeat the same steps with the zucchini.
- In a small bowl, mash the tofu together with a spoon.
- Arrange your toppings in a bowl. Make sure that you do not fill it up completely so it will be easier to mix later on. You can top your bibimbap with an egg yolk, but it is optional.
- Serve the bowl with some gochujang and sesame oil as a dipping sauce. If you are not afraid of the spice, add in some red chilli paste to the mix.
- It is optional, but you can garnish it with some toasted sesame seeds.
- When you are arranging your toppings, try to arrange them in contrast colours. Keep different coloured vegetables next to others and place the same coloured greens further apart.
- If you are vegetarian, you can replace the seafood with some tofu.
Carbohydrates: 56 grams
Protein: 11 grams
Fat: 22 grams