If you love salmon, but you are tired of eating sashimi or raw salmon on sushi rolls, then why not try the Shake Toro Shioyaki instead? This grilled salmon belly is simple yet delicious enough to enjoy, especially with a bowl of rice. Plus we all know the health benefits that come with eating a salmon, especially a grilled salmon.
Don’t worry about not knowing where to find them because, with this easy recipe, you can make the dish in no time. Moreover, the recipe doesn’t require limited cooking skills, as long as you have the proper ingredients, of course.
- 250 g of salmon belly, preferably with skin on
- A pinch of sea salt
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 2 lemon slices
- Fresh cabbage leaves
- ½ cup of short grain rice
- Heat the oven at 200°C. Set the oven to grill.
- While waiting, grease up a pan with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of the salmon belly.
- Heat pan on high heat. Once hot lower the heat to medium and place the salmon skin on the pan for 2 minutes. This is to ensure you get the crispy skin when cooking the salmon in the oven.
- Transfer the salmon belly with the skin side up onto the grill rack prepared earlier. Place the salmon on the highest shelf of the oven. You want it to be as close as possible to the heat source for the salmon to cook correctly. Leave it to grill for approximately 15-20 minutes until the salmon is crispy and golden brown.
- While waiting, cook the rice according to instructions in a rice cooker.
- To serve, place the rice in a bowl with the grilled salmon, a slice of lemon and fresh cabbage leaves on the side.
- You can also serve the dish with Japanese shoyu on the side.
- If the dish feels a little too simple, make it a complete meal by adding the mixed grilled vegetable to the mix. Start by adding capsicum, shredded carrots and cabbage leaves onto a hot pan and let it cook for about 5 minutes with a little sesame oil and soy sauce.
- For those who prefer spicy food, you can add chilli flakes to your shoyu or add black pepper when you are preparing the salmon belly. You can also opt to take the skin out.
Looking for more Japanese food? Order from foodpanda now and we ‘ll deliver it to you!