Who doesn’t love a good ol’ smoked chicken drum? This is a dish that everyone craves for every once in a while. The sweet aroma of the smoky chicken drumsticks makes it irresistible.
This dish is super budget-friendly and also really easy to make. It will also make a perfect appetiser. Best suited during barbeque nights or a chill evening at home.
If you find the dish too plain for your taste, you can even have it with any homemade sauce on the side. Some people like it with a tad bit of spice, so you can add some paprika to the dish. You can even add some lemon juice to the ingredients if you want a little sour taste.
It requires the least amount of ingredients to prepare it. Also, it doesn’t take up much of your time. The only time that this dish takes up is when it’s on the grill. You can always have a drink or read a book while waiting for it to grill.
- 10 chicken legs
- Olive oil spray
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- Parsley for garnish
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- Remove the chicken from the packaging; rinse and pat them dry with a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Place drumsticks on board and dust them lightly with some baking powder. Return the drumsticks to the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours at most.
- Light up your grill and set it up for indirect heat, turning the temperature between 165 – 177°C.
- Spray the drumsticks lightly with some olive oil spray before you grill them.
- Set up your drumstick rack. Then place the end of the drumsticks in the notches and hang them upside down over the rack pan.
- Add one or two wood chunks to the coal.
- Place the rack on the indirect heat section of your grill.
- Close the cooker lid and allow the chicken to cook for about an hour or until the internal temperature of the meat turns to 75°C.
- Take the chicken off the smoker and pour the juices from the drip pan into a small bowl and whisk some honey.
- Glaze the drumsticks with a brush or drizzle it on with a spoon.
- Let glaze set for about 5 minutes then garnish and serve while hot.
Want some side dishes or dessert? Visit foodpanda for more food and drinks to deliver to your doorstep.