Recipe: Spaghetti Marinara
A dinner date over a plate of Spaghetti marinara sounds fancy. But marinara is one simple and easy dish to prepare. Marinara sauce is originated from southern Italy and widely used in Italian-American cuisine. It is usually the mix of tomatoes, garlic, onions and herbs.
There is a love story behind this lovely dish. It was said to be first created by a loving wife who wanted to serve her sailor husband a fresh and warm food. What is a better spaghetti marinara? Yes, your homemade spaghetti marinara. Here is a recipe for making a seafood spaghetti marinara.
Ingredients for pasta:
- 180g pasta
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ½ tbsp oil
Preparations for pasta:
- Cook pasta in a large pot with salt and oil.
- Reduce 1-minute cooking time from the direction.
Ingredients for Marinara sauce:
- 300g Seafood mix (calamari, mussel, shrimp)- on your own choice
- ½ cup of water
- 2 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic clove (minced)
- ½ onion (chopped)
- ½ cup white wine/chicken broth (on your choice)
- 2 cups Tomato Passata
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- Salt and pepper (on your taste)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preparations for Marinara Sauce:
- Heat 1 ½ olive oil in a skillet and add the seafood mix over high heat for 1 minute. After 1 minute transfer your seafood mix immediately into a different bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat, then sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Add wine or chicken broth and bring it to simmer for 1-minute. Scrap the skillet and mix the broth evenly.
- Pour Passata, sugar, salt and pepper one by one and bring to simmer for 2 minutes. You can adjust the amount of salt and pepper depends on your taste.
- Mix pasta and seafood slowly in the sauce and mix them. Let it for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens and well-combined with the pasta evenly.
- Serve and garnish with fresh parsley.
- You can add parmesan cheese on top of your spaghetti seafood marinara to make it taste better. (parmesan is cheese is not used traditionally in making Spaghetti marinara)
With these easy steps, you can cook spaghetti marinara and enjoy it with your loved ones. Visit foodpanda to know more about various recipes.
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.