Signature salads of Thailand usually do not focus on leafy greens but meat, seafood, fruits and herbs as their main ingredients. It is no lesser delicious than the usual salads that we encounter at famous eateries. However, doing yourself this salad dish could be one way to kick start your healthy eating habits.
Yes, you heard me! You can begin with a healthy diet via this Spiced Minced Chicken Salad recipe. Not only is it easy to make, but you can also prepare it several hours in advance and keep it cool until you are ready to serve it.
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green jalapeno chilli, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots
- 1 red or green serrano chilli, seeded and sliced into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 6-8 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted peanuts, for garnish
- Using a mini-food processor, blend the shallots, garlic, jalapeno, black pepper and sugar until it turns into a smooth paste. Then, add the remaining dressing ingredients to the paste and process them until well combined. Set aside.
- As for the chicken, chill the cubes of chicken thighs in a freezer for 15 minutes. Then, mince the meat.
- Place the cold chicken meat into a large food processor and dice the chicken thigh by pulsing the machine until the meat is grounded fine.
- Heat a large non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan and saute the minced chicken until it turns opaque.
- Using a wooden spoon, break the minced chicken. Then, drain the meat in a sieve and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the sliced shallots, chilli and fresh herbs into the grounded meat. Then, pour the dressing over and mix well.
- Lastly, transfer the chicken onto a bed of lettuce and garnish. Serve at room temperature.
Spiced Minced Chicken Salad Recipe
Spiced Minced Chicken Salad is a very simple dish that you could do right before leaving to work, and it won’t cause you any hassle!