For those who love seafood and spicy food, Spicy Baked Dory Fish is the dish for you. This dish is one of a kind because of the flavours of sour, spicy and sweet from the fish’s meat.
The level of spice can be adjusted with the red chilli paste or ground paprika (whichever you are using) that is added. Hence, even those that can’t take the heat can enjoy this dish.
The flavours in this dish are mind-blowing, and it’ll make you want more of it. The combination just goes so well together. Also, this dish can be eaten with a side of rice to make it more filling and to balance out the flavours.
Furthermore, this dish is simple and effortless to prepare. It needs little ingredients and also does not take up much of your time. I’m sure everyone would enjoy this dish as it can be adjusted to the liking of different taste buds. Therefore, take a chance and give this dish a try. You’ll be glad that you took the chance!
- 1 lemon
- 600 g of Dory fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger
- 400 g of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander
- Heat oven to 180°C before any preparation is started. Place the dory fish fillets or cod fillets in a baking pan that has not been greased. Drizzle it with lemon juice of a lemon and olive oil, then season it with some salt and pepper. Bake the fillets for about 15 minutes, then remove it from the oven and pour off any excess liquid.
- While the fish is being baked, heat a little oil in a saucepan and add dry spices, ginger, then cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add some tomatoes and let it simmer for about 10 minutes until the liquid has been reduced and the sauce has thickened. Season it with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Then, return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and as it means it is cooked.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve while hot.
Need some dessert or side dishes? Order them now from foodpanda!