The spicy yet delicious sauce that creates a delightful explosion in the mouth once consumed is what makes the Spicy Chicken Arrabbiata unique.
The Spicy Chicken Arrabbiata is a famous dish among spicy food lovers. This Italian dish usually served with pasta, but you can also eat it with a hot bowl of rice.
Arrabbiata is the Italian word for angry. It refers to the spiciness of the chilli peppers in this red sauce. Although chicken is commonly used for this dish, you can use vegetables like eggplant as a vegetarian substitute.
This dish is quite simple to prepare. All you need is garlic, tomatoes, chilli peppers, and olive oil. The slow-simmered sauce brings out the flavour of the tomatoes and chilli.
Besides pasta and rice, this dish can also be used for pizza, sandwiches, and even as a dipping sauce!
Not in a cooking mood? Order some spicy chicken arrabbiata from the foodpanda app today! The foodpanda app offers a variety of cuisines and delivers them straight to your doorstep.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (300ml)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (300ml)
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 200ml chicken broth
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 1 packet of spaghetti
- Prepare the spaghetti noodles by boiling a pot of salted water. Cook the pasta for 30 minutes until tender or follow the package instructions. Once tender, drain the pasta and set aside.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the chicken thighs. Then, coat each piece with the flour. Make sure they are evenly and lightly coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Place the chicken and cook each side for 5 minutes or until they turn brown.
- Then, remove the chicken and set it aside. Using the same pot, stir-fry the minced garlic for one minute or until fragrant.
- Add in both cans of tomatoes, basil, crushed red pepper, and chicken broth into the pot. Stir them well and allow it to boil.
- Place the chicken into the pot and make sure the sauce thoroughly covers the meat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the chicken for 20 minutes. Make sure to turn the chicken over halfway, so both sides cook properly.
- Stir occasionally and adjust the taste by adding salt or pepper. Turn off the heat.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in the plate and pour the Chicken Arrabbiata sauce over it. Garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!