Stir-fried kangkong with garlic is a quick and easy dish made out of sautéed water spinach served with rice wine and garlic-infused oyster sauce. In many Asia countries, stir-fried kangkong with garlic is one of the must-have dishes to have on the table to enjoy with a bowl of steamed rice. Follow through the stir-fried kangkong with garlic recipe below, an immensely simple yet yummy recipe that will only take you around 10 minutes to cook.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 200g kangkong
- 4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 red chilli (sliced)
- 1 ½ tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Wash and cut the stems of kangkong into 3 parts. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, combine Chinese rice wine, Oyster sauce and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large wok until hot. Then, sauté the sliced garlic.
- Add in the kangkong and stir-fry until it begins to wilt.
- Pour in the sauce and continue to gently stir-fry for another 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender but still bright green.
- Pour in the sesame oil and stir a couple more times. Turn off the heat and serve. Enjoy!
Stir-fried Kangkong with Garlic Recipe
There you have it – a dish of stir-fried kangkong with garlic to have on the table, especially during dinnertime! If you’re wondering what other dishes to have with your stir-fried kangkong, check out our recipes for Chinese Steamed Whole Fish and Dumpling Soup.
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.