Tom Yam inspired foods are just the best. The savoury in the simplicity of tom yam makes it one of the most versatile dishes. Follow this Stir-fried Tom Yam Seafood Thai meehoon recipe below on how to make a significant and classic Thai dish.
- 400g rice vermicelli
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 5 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 5 shallot (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon tauco brown bean paste
- 2 tablespoon tom yam paste
- 3 tablespoon dried shrimp
- 100g Chicken fillet marinated in some soy sauce
- 1 piece fish cake
- 1 firm bean curd
- 100g bean sprouts
- 100g chives
- 1 small carrot
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 sticks lemongrass
- 1 bunga kantan (torch ginger flower)
- 2 cups hot water
- 5 calamansi lime (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock granules
- First, soak the rice vermicelli in hot water for about 30 minutes until soft. Drain water once done.
- Thinly slice fish cake, chicken fillet, bean curd, carrots and chives.
- Shred the kaffir leaves, bunga kantan, and lemongrass into thin pieces.
- In a wok, deep fry sliced bean curds until golden brown. Set aside on kitchen towels once cooked.
- Coarsely chop dried shrimp, shallots and garlic.
- In the same wok and fry shallots and onions until fragrant before adding in the chicken and fishcakes. Cook on medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Add in the shredded kaffir leaves, bunga kantan, and lemon grass and cook on high heat for 2 minutes. Set aside once done.
- Reheat wok on medium heat. Add in some more oil and fry the chopped dried shrimp. Stir fry until dried shrimp turns golden brown.
- Then add taucho and tom yam paste. Stir fry until aromatic.
- Add enough hot water into the paste mixture and bring to a boil. Next, add sugar, salt and chicken stock granules, to taste.
- Add the vermicelli. Use a pair of long chopsticks to loosen the vermicelli and make sure it’s well mixed into the sauce.
- Push vermicelli to one side of the wok. Add in bean sprouts and carrots. Scoop the vermicelli over and let cook for 1 minute. Then toss and mix well.
- Again pushing the vermicelli to one side, add in chives. Cover the chives with the vermicelli for about a minutes. Then toss to mix well.
- Return the fried chicken and fish cake mixture to the wok. Stir to mix everything together.
- Lastly, toss in the sliced beancurd. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Garnish with some fried crispy onions and calamansi before serving.
Stir-fried Tom Yam Seafood Thai Meehoon Recipe
Although a little time consuming, this recipe is worth the try. If you find yourself in a tight spot not having all the ingredients on hand, check out the foodpanda app for a variety of stir-fried tom yam seafood Thai meehoon to choose from.