This is a perfect and healthy fast food for you, green lover. You will be drooling over the soft and tender inside and crispy on the outside of the burger. It is full of flavour where no one can resist the temptation. This healthy and hearty burger is perfect for everyone.
You will never know the existence of tofu, the taste and texture until you eat this sweet basil tofu burger. It’s kicking — an excellent diet meal for everyone who is trying to be in shape. Here is a recipe for making a sweet basil tofu burger.
- 1 packet extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil or sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- ½ tbsp maple syrup/ honey (on your choice)
- 1/3 finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 sets burger bun
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 1 cup watercress (trimmed)
- ¼ cup veganaise
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Press the tofu to remove excess water. Carefully, cut tofu using a round cutter to make a patty shape.
- Put tamari, olive oil, sriracha, maple syrup and basil in zip lock bag. Shake! Shake! Shake to mix all the ingredients well.
- Gently put the tofu patty in a ziplock and move it around slowly until it fully coated the tofu. Refrigerate the marinated tofu for 30 minutes – 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix veganaise, sriracha and lemon juice in a bowl. Whisk until it smooth.
- Coat the grill rack with cooking spray. Gently place tofu patty on the grill rack. Grill for 3- 10 minutes each side over high heat. You can brush the leftover juice from zip lock bag on the tofu.
- Spread the spicy mayonnaise on each of the burger buns. Top each serving with a tofu patty, two slices of tomato and two tbsp of watercress.
- Cover your burger with the other half of the bun.
Now, your sweet basil tofu burger is ready to be enjoyed. With this easy step, you can cook this perfectly healthy dish. Visit foodpanda to know more about various recipes.