The delicious tandoori chicken is made out of roasted chicken, which is marinated with various spices and thick yoghurt. The savoury and flavourful dish is coated with an abundance of spices that will, without a doubt, stimulate your taste buds. The tandoori chicken also has a distinctive red colour to it with a crispy outer layer and a juicy inside, which will immediately make you salivate and leave you wanting for more.
Fire up your taste buds by trying out the tandoori chicken recipe below.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 4 pieces of skinless chicken thigh
- 1 tbsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 6 tbsps of thick yoghurt
- 2 tsps of salt
- 1 tbsp of ginger paste and garlic
- Key lime juice
- ½ tbsp of black pepper
- ½ tbsp of chilli powder
- ½ tbsp of Masala salt
- 1 tbsp of aniseed
- 1 tbsp of coriander powder
- ½ tsp of turmeric powder
- Red food colouring, a few drops
- 1 tbsp of dried parsley
- 2 tbsps of vegetable oil
- Firstly, add all of the spices together, excluding the vegetable oil and mix it well. Make sure there are no clumps and then leave it aside.
- Proceed by washing the chicken thigh thoroughly and remove the skin of the chicken thigh. After that, scour the surface of the chicken thigh a few times to allow for the marinade to seep through.
- Pour in chilli powder, salt and lemon juice into a bowl and mix it with the chicken thighs. Set aside in the refrigerator for around an hour. Take the chicken thighs out of the fridge at least 10 to 20 minutes before cooking.
- Mix all the spice ingredients together and again making sure there are no clumps, and then mix it with the chicken thighs. And then, pour the vegetable oil into the mixture and mix the ingredients well and coat the chicken thighs evenly. Give the chicken thighs a good rub to ensure that the spices are spread evenly.
- Place the ingredients in a pan and cook it (200 oC) for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. If the pan is too hot and burning the outside of the chicken thighs, turn down the heat to allow the chicken to be fully cooked through. Once the chicken is fully cooked, take it off the heat and serve it on a plate. The dish is best served with mint chutney and naan flatbread.